The Education Foundation’s goal is to assist students in need by eliminating barriers whenever possible. Completing and submitting the Foundation Application and Consent to Release of Information (FERPA) FCTC Education Foundation will start a review process for approval based on availability of funds and need.
Submit this form in its entirety to your instructor or advisor for signature who will forward your request to the Coordinator of College Advancement.
Catholic Charities St. Augustine
Project Forward Families, a program that will transform lives for single mothers and their families through education kicks off with the 2019-20 school year. The program provides assistance to low-income, single, female head of households enrolled in First Coast Technical College. By providing comprehensive case management and reducing childcare and transportation barriers, Catholic Charities will enable participants to obtain job skills training, a certificate and economic empowerment in less than two years.
Project Forward Families applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Single female head of household age 25 or older with at least one child under the age of 13
- St.Johns County resident
- Household income at or below 200% poverty guidelines
- High school degree or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Enrolled in a 2019-2020 First Coast Technical College career or technical degree/certificate program
To apply for the program, download the Project Forward Families Application and return the completed application.
Please contact [email protected] with questions.
Funding for Project Forward Families is provided by a grant from the Women’s Giving Alliance of The Community Foundation of Northeast Florida to break the cycle of female poverty. http://ccbstaug.org/our-services/#programs
Horatio Alger Association Career and Technical Scholarship $2,500
Applications will close at 5 PM on September 27, 2019.
Altrusa Betty Johnstone Scholarship- $500 to a student attending FCTC
Submit completed The Altrusa Betty Johnstone Scholarship Application and letters of recommendation by Thursday, November 1, 2019 deadline to:
FCTC Education Foundation St. Augustine Campus
College Advancement 904-547-3386
2980 Collins Avenue St. Augustine, FL 32084
email [email protected]
- Be a U.S. citizen, and a resident of St. Johns County for at least one year.
- Have received a high school diploma or G.E.D. and be a full-time student.
- Provide information regarding any financial assistance currently being received.
- Provide two letters of reference
- Be available to attend a future meeting of the Altrusa Club.
JOEY ROBISON SCHOLARSHIP- $500 awarded to qualified applicants.
Joey Robison Scholarship Application 2019 & Recommendations must be RECEIVED on or before January 5, 2020.
An applicant should be:
- resident of St. Johns County who plans to remain in the area.
- non-traditional student (out of high school for six or more years) who seeks to upgrade work skills in a tech school or college to seek an undergraduate degree.
- individual who has financial need.
Submit applications to:
Joey Robison Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
Altrusa International of St. Augustine, Inc.
P.O. Box 3372 St. Augustine, FL 32085